Do I Have To Get Undressed For My Massage?
Do you have to?
Not everyone wants to undress for their Massage & Bodywork session and that is perfectly fine. Our therapists are more than capable of providing a full body massage with the client fully clothed.
Is it a good idea?
- Most Massage Therapy techniques require skin-on-skin contact in order to be effective
- Massage Therapist rely on their sense of touch to find areas of tension. Working through clothes makes it difficult for the therapist to find these tension areas.
Before your session begins, your therapist will instruct you to undress to your level of comfort and lie down on the massage table, once they have left the room.
Most people will leave just their underwear on, some people prefer to get completely undressed and some people don’t undress at all. Its all depends on your level of comfort.
Remember: You will be covered by a sheet and blanket at all times so you will never be exposed. Only the areas being worked on will be uncovered.
We strictly adhere to the Alabama Board of Massage Therapy’s draping policy
What To Wear If You Decide To Remain Fully Clothed
If you decide to remain fully clothed during your session we ask that you wear flexible, form-fitting clothes that are comfortable
- Tops: T-shirts, tank tops, sports bras
- Bottoms: Running shorts, yoga pants, compression shorts
- Avoid Wearing: dress clothes, jeans, button up shirts